Thursday 22 May 2008

Green & Cream

Its very hard to tell from the picture but there is an apex to the house in that gap at the top :o) .

What with this and the Ivy leaf I have been doing each morning I feel like its been months since I have seen anything apart from green and cream. The picture should be clickable so you might get a better idea with that. I can hardle belief it but the last time I had this piece out was on the 3rd of July last year and this is where I left it at that point so I am quite pleased that the outside border is now complete. Hopefully it will not be so long until this one is out again, now I have really got back into the rota. One or two people have remarked on not knowing what hardanger house was and all I can really tell you is that it is one of a set of 5 buildings I have. There are two houses, two shops (a toy shop and a florist) and a church. The church was the first on I did and I finished that at the beginning of last year. These pieces are all stitched in two layers


the top layer being the outer part of the building with the hardanger windows cut out and the bottom layer contains the view from inside. This is the church I did to give you some idea.

Hope you all have a brilliant bank holiday weekend with lots of stitching and sunshine.

Thank you once again for all your lovely comments, you make me smile everyday.

xx

11 comments:

Mylene said...

You've made a good start. Love the colours you have used.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous colours in this piece. You're off to a great start. Hardarnger is one thing I'm petrified of trying!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that starts something and leaves is sitting for nearly a year, sometimes longer. My bad!

Karen said...

great start on your house,the church looks great

Karan said...

Gorgeous colours & a good start Helen. Another one I'll enjoy watching develop. :0)

Christine said...

looking good Helen. I love these Hardanger buildings, they are so different

Julie said...

Great progress, these are really nice.

Sue said...

Hardanger House is very unique AND beautiful ;)

Concetta said...

This is so beautiful, Helen. I've had this pattern in my stash for years, but I've never attempted hardanger before, so I've never had the guts to start it.

Jodi said...

Helen,

The magazine that my Family Tree picture is the UK mag The World of Cross Stitching. It came in 2 parts--the first half in issue 127 and the second half in issue 128.

The hardest part is graphing out all the personal family names! That took me a long time! LOL

Jodi

stitcherw said...

Lovely colors, and what an unusual piece it sounds like it will be when done. The church looks awesome, so unique. Your new Ink Circles SAL start looks like it will be a beautiful one also, gorgeous coloring.
Sue

Sally said...

Nice start on your house Helen. I think these hardanger pieces are lovely. I have a house one in a book I have but have never plucked up the courage to try it.