Monday 4 December 2006

Busy Weekend





We had our 4 year old grandson Oscar to stay for the weekend. He used to stay most weekends but after starting school in September was a bit clingy with Mummy and Daddy and so this weekend was a real treat for us.


Friday night we all went to see the lights being turned on in our local town. Not very impressive this year I must say, though Oscar thought they were lovely. Saturday we took him to Woodlands Garden Centre nr Hinkley in Leicestershire. It is one of the best garden centres I know for its Christmas displays and Oscar loves to go there. Saturday night we walked down to one of the houses near us that has all the Christmas lights and he was facinated by them and wanted to know why we didnt have lights on our house.




Today I have managed to get in the festive spirit by putting our Christmas decorations up. Now I just need to finish the shopping, write my cards, wrap and in some cases post off gifts, in fact just the normal panic that leads up to December 25th.
I have managed to get some stitching done today and I finished off a little gift for one of the girls at work. She has just had a conservatory built after wanting one for years and she can't stop talking about it so I designed this just for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your decorations are gorgeous! particularly like the little christmas village and your tree :o)

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas decorations are so lovely Helen. Well done on your conservatory design - love it.
Karan :0)

nela said...

me encanta tu decoarcion de navidad... y tu aldea...