Monday 27 August 2007

So Much Back Stitch

I have been working for the last two days on my UFO for the Tuesday SAL at Jaynes Attic. Yes Mr Stick I am doing some catching up lol. There were two reasons why this had become a UFO, one was that since using evenweave I have come to hate aida and the second was that all that was left to do was the backstitch and there was just so much of it. Still after finishing Celtic Spring I had to find another UFO piece and decided as this was the only real UFO I had then this just had to be done. I have now got about half way - from the gate at the centre top and all down the left hand side, most of the middle picture and nearly to the middle on the bottom section. I am putting a before and after picture and I am sure that you will see just how much b/s there is on this, though I do have to admit that it has bought life into it.

4 comments:

Sally said...

This is looking fantastic Helen! The backstitch really does bring it to life!

BeckySC said...

WOW, it is looking great! Backstitching is not my favorite thing, but it sure does bring a piece to life :)

Julie said...

It's looks wonderful Helen, the backstitch really is a must in this design

You asked about the noteblocks on my blog - they were from my local stationers (you can also get them in wilkinsons 99p each) all i did was stitch the design, iron on some vilene to stiffen it, cut to size with pinking shears and slip it down the front of the papers and recover the noteblock with clingfilm. Then if the recipient doesn't relaly want the stitching in there they can just take it out and the noteblock can still be used. {{hugs}}

Carla said...

The backstitch has made this design stand out...keep it up, it's looking great!