We decided to make an early start on our Christmas wfb this year, as last year it was rather a rush and I for one never got time to get mines framed. Which I still havent done, so I will make a note of it and get it done in time this year. I decided I would do an adaption of the Pam Kellogg freebie from Kreinik called "Merry, Moe and Flurrie". I love this design but didnt want to use all the metallic threads it called for. I decided that I wanted to use and opalescent fabric and plain dmc threads instead though in the end I chose to use a metalic for the snowflakes. I designed a border and a greeting and the three wee snowmen would go straight down the middle. That was before I made an error lol. I started stitching 4 stitches from the side which is what it should be, however when I had finished I realised that it was off centre. Oh gosh (or words to that effect) have I miscalculated the border. I checked and double checked and my calculations were right so what had I done wrong..... missed a set of branches out the right hand side snowflake and just copied it on the left so they matched but the design was 10 stitches short. I thought of altering the border - no way was I frogging the whole snowman and then i just decided to alter the other two snowmen to match and move them about a bit, so they will no longer be in a straight line, and I dont have to frog anything. Now its already to go off to Terri when the post office opens again on Tuesday.
We are in the middle of decorating Keiths office at the moment so I think I will just do some on my UFO for the next couple of days as I wont have a lot of time and I want to be able to sit undisturbed when I get Heirloom Christmas out.
Thank you for all the lovely comments about Taj, and thanks Rosanne for the words of encouragement.