Saturday 20 July 2013

At Last an English Summer

Hello everyone,  I have been noticable only by my abscence for the last few weeks.  I blame the beautiful English summer that we are experiencing in the UK at the moment.  For the last few years our summers have been very wet, but this year is wonderful and we have been out and about, lazing in the garden or doing day trips and enjoying what our lovely country has to offer, when it is not raining on it.  I have done very little stitching and hardly been near the computer.  When I have been near the computer it has been to make cards for the Summer Fete at the Nursing Home where Mum resides.  It was the fete today and I made £43,  with most stalls being almost a sell out I think quite a bit has been raised for the Residents Fund, which pays for things like trips out for them.  Luckily too today, although it was lovely and warm the sun was for once hiding behind the clouds so the residents were not overly hot sitting in the garden and watching all the fun and the entertainment. 

A few of you my have noticed that my when you clicked on my blog recently it said it had been closed down.  I am afraid that someone tried to "hack" the email address that this blog is linked to.  Luckily my server noticed that someone abroad was trying to get into the account and for safely closed it down.  It was not till my friend Ann asked why I had closed my blog that I realised anything was wrong.  I managed to find something that told me if they had closed the account due to a violation an email would be sent to me to explain why.  Of course I then went in search of the email only the find that account closed too.  It has all been sorted now thank goodness, but though it was very inconvenient I cannot fault Googlemail for acting as quickly as they did. 

I have also been doing a little knitting, something Ive not done for over 20 years.  I am making myself a summer sweater, though if this weather continues I do not think it will get much wear - hurray.  I have reached about half way up the back so far.

A little stitching has been done from time to time and I have been working on the Water Pump but as you will see from the picture below, its not grown a lot since you last saw it. 



I think I am going to stick with this for a bit longer, who knows I may even finish it soon as there is not really that much more to do.  We shall see.  

I am now heading back to the kitchen to collect a nice cold drink and then back into the garden for an hour before tea.

Hugs to all, and to anyone who is around to read my ramblings a big thank you.

    xx
May your frogs stay in their ponds.

4 comments:

Christine said...

It has been gorgeous weather hasn't it?
The water pump piece is looking gorgeous

Julie said...

Too hot to stitch recently, although I have had a major finish today as its turned cooler lol
Water pump is beautiful.

Brigitte said...

I just love that garden scene piece you are stitching on. Great progress!
I have nothing against some warm weather but lately it has been a bit too hot over here. So not much stitching going on here. I prefer reading to stitching when it's too hot.

Andrea said...

Too hot! Great progress on The Water pump.