Wednesday 24 December 2008

Some Bits To Show ....

.. at long last.


The secret stitching got done. Well almost done, I gave up on the last one, it was for my daughter but I can stitch it for her birthday in April when I hopefully will have more time.



One thing I can show if the ornament I stitched for Mum as it is now hanging on her tree.


I cannot remember where the chart was from now but i am sure it was a freebie I ran off back in the summer. I know I replaced one of the little green trees with a charm and I loved stitching this as it was a mixture of stitches, 1 over 2, 1 over 1 and speciality stitches, a real easy and fun stitch. I never thought to take a pic of the back but it was a dark green fabric with light green trees and holly and little penquines on it.

Last weekend was Hardanger day and we started a Tissue Box Cover, its a really pretty design and I have enjoyed stitching on it though it has had to go away for a short while because I want to get another small design finished and out the way too. Here is how far I have got with it so far. I just love the fact that hardanger grows so quickly.

I have another WIP but it is so close to being finished I thought that I would leave it and show you when its done. Depending on the amount of time I have to stitch I am hoping it will be done in the next few days. Its only a very small design but if I tell you its a Heritage design then you will guess at just how much work its taken. Thankfully I am now past all the quarter stitches and elongated horizontal and vertical half stitches and all that is left is 1 over 2 in nice plain crosses.

Over the Christmas holidays I am hoping to a) get the Heritage finished, b) finish preping my neighbourhood so that I will be ready to Start on the 31st and c) get some more done on the tissue box. Though with two new babies due, one Christmas Day and one New Years Eve, I may have to put things aside for the stitching I have planned for them.

I have made my stitchy plans for the start of the year but I will tell you more about those in my next post. For now I just want to

WISH EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU A WONDERFUL AND PEACEFUL CHRISTMAS WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.




FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF CHRIST I WOULD STILL LIKE TO WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY PEACE AND HAPPINESS WHEREVER YOU ARE.


















and last but not least -

may your frogs stay in their ponds.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sort of bits...I can't see anything LOL

Merry Christmas Helen

jane said...

Merry Christmas Helen - I hope you and your family have a wonderful time

Kathy A. said...

Dear Helen

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Thanks for sharing your friendship with me!

Ginnie said...

Merry Christmas to you too.

Christine said...

Happy Christmas Helen

Tammy said...

Such gorgeous needlework!

Merry Christmas, Helen.

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Christmas felicitations to you Helen Hope 2009 is a good year for you.

Sarah's Book Reviews said...

merry christmas helen, hope you have a very happy festive period.
look forward to learning about your stitchy goals and plans for next year.
i am also stitching a heritage design at the moment (a margaret sherry) so i sympathise on the time consuming stitches)
sarah

Julie said...

Merry Christmas Helen, have a wonderful time with your family.

The ornie is Blue Ribbon Designs, i only know that as we stitched it for the monthly challenge LOL

Love the hardanger, i saw that on Rachaels blog too.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones dear Helen. I hope you will all spend wonderful time over the holidays.

Daffycat said...

Happy Christmas, Helen!

Mary said...

Merry Christmas, Helen!

Anonymous said...

Oh the Hardanger looks great you have got loads done!!Cute ornie I have that pattern somewhere!!

Brigitte said...

The Blue Ribbon ornie looks fantastic! I love their designs very much. Looking forward to seeing your Heritage piece finished.

Hope yu had a wonderful time with your family.

stitcherw said...

Lovely finish. The ornie is a Blue Ribbon Designs freebie. It is one I also have in my stash to do, in addition to her Acorns and Owl one. Your Hardanger is looking beautiful as well. Enjoy the holidays and have a fun and safe New Year.
Sue

Beatrice said...

What a sweet ornie.
The hardanger is lovely as well.
I hope you and yours have a very
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Karan said...

Lovely ornie & the hardanger is so pretty - looking forward to seeing that finished. Hope you had a good festive season. :0)